Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Coming Home (November 19, 2014)

*Started on 11-19-2014 on the plane home from Ukraine, finished 4 months later*

Here I am in the last three hours of today's 13 hours of flying Home. It's surreal after 9 weeks in Ukraine. I'm still saying Da, spasiba, pashalzta, do pobachenya, dobrey den and the few other Ukranian words I know. 2-3 weeks longer than I expected, but every day had a purpose in the Divine Plan. So many things I want to remember...
* My daughter's huge smile as the plane took off from Ukraine. Not looking back.
* The Dutch security guard asking her to translate for an elderly babushka traveling alone, and her  pride in doing so
* Asher sleeping sweetly on the plane...2 hours are better than none!
No matter what's ahead, I know one thing for sure: the God who hand picked this girl out of all the kids in the orphanage system in Ukraine to join our family will be there with us.
His promise to me in my Bible reading this morning:
Luke 1:45 "Blessed is she who believed, for there will be a fulfillment of those things which were told her from the Lord."


No comments:

Post a Comment